The Certified Government Chief Information Officer program (CGCIO™) is designed to strengthen the leadership capacities of technology professionals who serve in or are actively seeking an executive leadership role. To participate in the Certified Government Chief Information Officer Program, you must:
- Be currently employed by a local government local government, educational or non-profit organization or with a private organization upon approval by the selection committee.
- Have ten (10) years’ experience in the Information Technology field. College work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for professional experience.
- Have three (3) years’ experience in a technology leadership role.
- Be either in or actively seeking a CIO position.
- Be able to present ideas verbally or in writing in a clear, precise, and professional manner.
- Have solid strategic, critical, and creative thinking skills.
- Be willing to learn and engage in new ideas, concepts, tools and methodologies.
- Be willing and available to fully participate in all in-person work sessions.